Sunday, April 27, 2008

Cyma!

I had dinner with a friend at Cyma, Shangri-la last week. At long last, I finally got to eat here!

For starters, we had htipiti which is creamed feta cheese with roasted peppers. After trying this, I have a renewed liking for feta cheese. I never liked the stuff till now, with this dish. It was spicy with a hint of tanginess which offset the creaminess of the cheese. This alone would’ve been enough to satisfy me.

We also shared a salad (chopped greens) which although was good, there were other salads on the menu that was even more appetizing.

Then we had a seafood entrĂ©e which had broth that instantly became comfort food. The guy who took our orders was surprised because he said that his dish could feed four but we ordered away. The guy left our table with a grin on his face. This dish reminded me so much of my dad’s bouillabaisse so I wished we ordered something else.

But it was all so good and hearty! I loved the menu and the little side notes that they added. The interiors are cozy and so authentic. It’s just that the tables are so close together that you can hear the conversations from the other tables. Cyma for me is more laidback compared to Mati which is a bit more formal but which I should probably be patronizing more. Lol. (inside joke)

Sorry, no pics. I still have to get the guts to take pics of food.

But it was a great food experience shared with a good friend!

No comments: