Friday, July 4, 2008

Under Budget...Again!

I did my groceries after work yesterday at Hi-Top as usual. If I had a choice, I wouldn’t really shop there because the aisles are narrow and at any given hour, delivery boys are pushing their trolleys and unloading boxes of goods. It’s a hassle trying to maneuver your way through the aisles without having the added nuisance of bumping into delivery guys and their wares. But Hi-top is the cheapest grocery in our area so I put up with the service. I’d rather shop at Landmark but since it’s so big and it has a whole lot more choices, I end up buying more than what I set out which means I spend more. :(

That was quite a long introduction. Hee hee… Anyhoo, when I do the groceries, I always have a list with me. It’s a habit I got from my mom. But most of the time, I also pick out some items that aren’t on the list. For the past two grocery trips I’ve been making, I have been below budget! Woohoo! I determinedly stuck to my list plus I was armed with a pen and calculator. I’ve also substituted some of the usual brands I’ve purchased in the past with cheaper but equally good alternatives.

Amidst these hard times (and who knows when it will end), I’ve to cut on costs and every little bit counts. A peso saving here and there eventually adds up. Never take a single peso for granted.

No comments: