Wednesday, May 21, 2008

5 years with Toni

A couple of years back, I happend to stumble upon Toni's blog, Wifely Steps, and I've been reading it since then. I like Toni's casual and friendly style of writing plus her topics cover so much of my own interests as well, except for Twilight. For the life of me, I don't know what that is. Just goes to show I'm so out of the loop.

Anyway, my favorite would be her "spic and span" topics. But I was searching for this category and couldn't find it anymore. Was I just hallucinating? The entries are clear in my mind, though. That's because I read them over and over, like a good book. hee hee... I particularly liked this entry on timing or allotting xx minutes when you do chores or just simply organize your stuff. I've been doing this eversince and like Toni, I get competitive with myself too. But it's such a great trick! Small tasks done in short periods gets a lot of ground covered too.

Then there was that post sometime last year on organizing supplies in baskets. I've been doing this already long before I read the post but I checked my own plastic basket to see if I had any missing items. You never know when you're going to need a green highlighter aside from the orange one I already have!

Then there are her recipes. I've copied some of them, but I seem to have only done one. It's the eggplant dipped in soy sauce and fried. Very simple to do, not heavy on the pocket and the best part is that it was yummy! To think that I'm not too fond of eggplants. : )

2 comments:

Toni said...

Hi Pat! Thanks for this entry and pointing out that missing category! I must have lost it in the migration. I'll fix up the categories over the next few days. Thank you for joining and for celebrating 5 years with me. :)

Toni said...

Hi Pat! Congratulations! You're one of the 5 winners in my journal contest. You win the bigger-sized Just Write It journal, the magnetized journals and Batjay's book :) Please send me an email on where I can best send your prize. (toni AT wifelysteps DOT com) Congrats! ;)